Terms & Conditions
MK-Automatic Driving School Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are an important part of your driving tuition with MK-Automatic.
I, Nicholas Kettle, am the proprietor and representative of MK-Automatic Driving School.
Being fit to drive:
- You must hold a current and valid driving licence which must be produced on your first driving lesson, and at regular intervals throughout your training. Any changes to your driving licence due
to medical conditions or driving convictions must be communicated to me immediately.
- You must inform me immediately if you are taking any prescribed drugs that could affect your driving.
- You must not consume any alcohol for at least 12hrs before your driving lesson.
- Please ensure that you present yourself in suitable clothing, particularly practical footwear, open sandals or flip flops are unsuitable.
- If you wear glasses or contact lenses please ensure that you are wearing them for your lesson.
- If I think you are unfit to drive for failing to meet any of these conditions, the lesson will be cancelled at your expense.
- I cannot accept responsibility for any injury, loss or damage arising from a driving lesson.
- All lessons must be paid for prior to, or at the beginning of each lesson.
- Lessons payments can be made by cash, cheque or bank transfer.
- Any unpaid cheques will be subject to an administration fee of £20.00.
- Block bookings must be paid for in full on the first lesson of that block.
- Any pre-paid lessons not taken after 12 months will be cancelled and any remaining payments will be forfeited.
- Refunds will only be made in exceptional circumstances.
- No price changes will be made without reasonable notice.
- A full 24 hours’ notice is required to cancel any driving lesson.
- If less than 24 hours notice is given, the pupil may still be charged the price of the lesson.
- If you suspend taking your driving lessons within a block of pre paid lessons for a period of 12 months or more, then any remaining lessons will be forfeited.
- I cannot be held responsible for any mechanical or electrical failure of my tuition vehicle which may cause the prevention or termination of a lesson or a driving test.
- If I decide that the weather is too severe to take a lesson I will cancel or re-arrange your lesson and you will not be charged. The decision will be made considering your ability and any advice
given by motoring organisations.
- If you decide to cancel at short notice due to the weather but I consider the conditions are suitable to drive, the lesson will be chargeable
- Your driving lesson will be on a one to one basis. You will never be asked to share your lesson with anyone else.
- If you would like a parent or friend to come along on your lesson then that can be arranged.
- Children under 16 years of age will not be allowed to come on the lesson.
- You will always receive the full lesson time you have paid for.
- I will be happy to start and finish your lesson from different locations, providing that at least 1 hrs notice in advance is given, and that both locations are within the Milton Keynes area.
- Whenever you are driving in the school vehicle, you will be under close supervision, however, you are ultimately responsible for your actions.
- MK-Automatic Driving School cannot be held responsible for any infringement of the law by you.
- Any fines that are incurred during the period of the lesson will be the responsibility of the driver.
- I will make every effort to help you reach a good standard of driving that will enable you to pass your driving test.
- You must try to maintain regular lessons leading up to your test otherwise your test date might have to be moved back to give you more time to prepare.
- I reserve the right to withdraw the use of my car for any practical test should I consider you to be unsafe and not up to test standard.
Damage to the School Car:
- During lessons, I will make every effort to avoid damage to the car. However, if I consider that you were driving in a dangerous or unpredictable way during a lesson and actual damage
is caused despite best efforts made, you will be expected to pay half towards repairs (up to the level of excess on the instructor’s insurance policy). This will be discussed at the time of the
- During driving tests, the examiner will not prevent you, the candidate from hitting the kerb or causing other similar minor damage to the car. Therefore, all damage caused by you whilst
on test will be charged to you (up to the level of excess on the instructor’s insurance policy).
- I will always endeavour to be on time for your lesson.
- If, for some reason, I am going to be later than 10 minutes for your driving lesson I will contact you. The time lost will be added to the end of the lesson if possible, or added to another
lesson at a later date.
- If you are late for your lesson, then that time will be lost.
- To ensure that communication channels are in place, please ensure that I am aware of your current mobile and landline numbers.
Holidays and Availability:
- I will give you advance notice of holidays or days where I am unavailable. Please ensure that you do likewise. Please be sure to book your first lesson after your holiday or break in
tuition, to retain your place on the diary and to maintain progress.
Code of Practice:
- I will abide by the Voluntary Code of Practice which has been agreed
between DVSA and the main bodies representing Approved Driving Instructors.
- Complaints by clients should be made in the first instance to MK-Automatic Driving School. Failing agreement or settlement of a dispute, reference may be made to DVSA’s Registrar of Approved
Driving Instructors who will consider the matter and advise accordingly. Should the Registrar not be able to settle the dispute he or she may set up a panel, with representatives from the ADI
industry, to consider the matter further or advise that the matter should be referred to the courts or other statutory body to be determined.
By taking driving lessons with MK-Automatic Driving School it is accepted that you have read and agree to these terms and conditions.